Our History

Highlights from our History

October 8, 1989

MPC held its first public worship service in leased space at the Trinity Mills Village shopping center located at 1205 West Trinity Mills Road in Carrollton, Texas. Rev. Ron Dunton presided as evangelist and church planter.

June 20, 1993

MPC transitioned from "mission church" status to "particular church" in the North Texas Presbytery of the Presbyterian Church in America in accordance with our denomination’s Book of Church Order, Chapter 5, Section 9. We installed our first ruling elders and deacons, and the Rev. Ron Dunton was installed as the first pastor of Metrocrest PCA.

April 3, 1996

MPC purchased its current property of 2.9 acres at 1265 East Hebron Parkway, Carrollton, Texas 75010, on the corner of Hebron Parkway and Rolling Oaks Drive.

August of 1997

The congregation moved into the first phase of its newly constructed building at 1265 E. Hebron Parkway.

Fall of 2000

Rev. John Browne was called by the congregation to be the first Associate Pastor of Metrocrest PCA.

Fall of 2008

The second phase of MPC's building plan was completed. This included expansion of education and office space, the addition of our Multi-Purpose Room, and updates throughout the main building. 

Summer of 2009

Rev. Jimmy Davis was called by the congregation as an additional Associate Pastor of Metrocrest PCA.

March 3, 2013

Rev. David Ridenhour began serving as MPC's second Senior Pastor.

Summer of 2019

Colin Deay was brought on as Director of Music and Worship.

December 1, 2020

Rev. Bill Lovell began serving as MPC's third Senior Pastor.